by Pastor G. Craige Lewis:
Finding a worldliness free church these days can be disheartening. There are so many crooks and devils pastoring churches these days, it can be a chore finding a service that will meet your needs rather than tickle your fancy. The bible tells us that the Devil can transform himself into an angel of light and his ministers into ministers of unrighteousness. Why in the world would a person desire to be in a church that is full of unrighteousness and carnality? Why not just club, party, and hang out in the world where that stuff belongs? I don’t understand why people even involve the church of God in their wickedness. What is the point? If you are in sin, then why practice sin and claim him?
But we see the church morally declining because of the leaders that are put up by carnal people. It’s not just the Pastors fault, but it’s the people that heap upon themselves these teachers, desiring to live worldly and carnal while claiming the God of our salvation. Let’s explore the 10 signs of a carnal church so that those of you that are really searching for a worship house will not have to sit through multiple takes of foolishness to make a decision. You do not want to expose your family to the umbrella of foolishness that many of these churches are operating under. So, here are the 10 signs of a carnal church:
10. Cash Money Evangelists- When you find out that preachers like the “money cometh man” has visited this church or they are under them in any way, make that your first and last visit! Pastors that want money will bring these thieves in or set themselves under them to be in position to get rich. They will use the pulpit like an Amway presentation and bring in these money stealing evangelist to generate income. This is a trick because while the Pastor gets richer, the people in the church get dumb and poor. Some will prosper because they were already prosperous, but the average person will never get any more than they would have already gotten had they not financed foolishness. Beware, it’s a spiritual pyramid scheme!
9. Financial focus - When you hear about offering and tithes before the offering period, beware. When you keep hearing about blessings, season, harvest, destiny, purpose, breakthrough, and especially FAVOR, then know you are being set up. All these things should pertain to soul winning, but when they are used as financial buzz words, then you know the pastor needs cash. The bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil and anytime money is overly emphasized in a ministry, there is evil following it. So, if they have a space on the visitors card to state your income bracket, proceed to the nearest exit!
8. Bad language -Any pastor that will use profanity in his pulpit is childish! That is one of the most carnal things you will ever see and it speaks volumes of the pastors lifestyle outside of the church. The bible says that if the tongue is out of order, the rest of the body is as well, so, you just got your sign on whether or not this is the person to bring your family under. And if the word for every Sunday is “SEX” then you know something is going on. PG-13 is too high a rating for Sunday morning worship. Why in the world would anyone tolerate a cussing pastor? Are we that desperate for a man to be over us that we would allow him to do what many of us don’t do in front of our own families? What a shame and yet it is happening at an alarming rate.
7. Divorce rate - You can learn a lot about a ministry and what kind of attacks it is experiencing by the number of divorces that are occurring. When people in leadership of a ministry divorce, it’s not the same as lay members divorcing. God hates divorce because it essentially says that people are giving up and not giving him a chance to reconcile them. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes, the circumstances may call for divorce based on abuse, or one party not being willing to work it out, but when people just mutually agree that they don’t want each other anymore, then that is what displeases God. And a church that is full of divorced couples is dangerous. Especially when it’s in the leadership and they can’t seem to work out their differences. And you never want to put yourself under a pastor that struggles with marital issues. When a man’s focus is his church rather than his family, beware. He is a hound dog on the prowl, seeking gratification outside his own home! Believe That!!!
6. Sinful Alliances - When the Bishop or Leader of the parent organization of your church is brought in by the pastor, check him out. If he has a bunch of homosexuals flying around with him or he is carnal and devilish, then expect the same from your pastor. A man cannot sit under wickedness long, without being affected by it. Psalms tells us that the wicked walk around freely when the vilest of men are exalted. When men come under foul leaders, they are essentially saying that they would rather position themselves for a position in the organization than protect their church from sinfulness. After all, isn’t being apart of a wicked organization saying that you are in essence in favor of wickedness? Be careful of this double standard. It’s not about the organization in God’s eyes, but it’s about the people that the Pastor is suppose to be caring for.
5. Homosexuals and Lesbians - If you walk into the building and they are everywhere, leave! Any man that attracts homosexuals is a homosexual. Any pastor that allows homosexuals to roam freely in his ministry is probably a homosexual. Any man that defends the gay lifestyle is most likely gay. Any man that has a tolerance for the lifestyle is probably gay. Any man that doesn’t get squeamish when they are surrounded by homosexuals likes the attention. People, why are we playing around with this? Why are we making this a non issue? It’s an obvious problem. Homosexuals will not thrive in a ministry that does not condone them. They will repent and be delivered if the power of God is truly in a ministry. If the leader tolerates their lifestyles and uses their talents without delivering their souls, then he is a pimp and should be avoided. This one should be a no brainer.
4. Club Attire - If the Pastor wears an earring, don’t get out the car! How can you ever have standards in your home and amongst your sons when the very pastor of the church is modeling vanity and showing he is a playa? Also, if people are walking around sexy in church and no one cares, then you know that church is not practicing holiness. I’m not saying that folks have to have crusty lips and nappy hair, but what I’m saying is that, butt cracks, cleavage, and belly buttons should not be outfit accessories! And please, let’s not get on the women and not touch on the men. We see that too often where the women have to look like national geographic natives, but the men can prance around dressed like Superfly! Let’s balance this out and just say, the church is not the club. We must not be intentionally sexy in the house of God. Tight fitting clothes and such just don’t belong in God’s house. God is the focus, so hide your meat!
3. Secular Remakes - If you visit a ministry and they welcome all the single people with Beyonce’s song “single ladies” or they sing “reasons” to the married couples, then you know you are in a den of debauchery. If they had a memerial service for MJ, then you are in punkdom and need to leave! Any church that has to resort to old and new school secular jams to keep people interested is nothing but a bootleg club and they need to start stamping hands. What happened to the “NEW SONG” that David spoke of? Why are people singing the worlds songs in church? The secular artists that wrote them are complaining and they want their songs back on the radio and in the world where they can get paid for them, not in the church. What a shame.
2. Obamania - If you hear about the president every week and your pastor has gone off the deep end trying to weave him into every sermon on a weekly basis, then you know it’s time to go! Our president stands for everything that Christ is against. How in the world do we make him a favorable topic for the church? Shouldn’t we as a church stand against his policy if it conflicts with the Word of God? But we have pastors that have jumped on his band wagon and are using his fame and popularity to generate income and membership. They feel if they keep him the focus, people that support him will support them! And they will always say “now, i don’t agree with all of his policies, but……..praise the Lord for blessing us with a black president!” That’s like saying “I know he is a satanist, but praise God I finally got a date!” I’m telling you, this is a true sign of the times when the president gets more time than Jesus in our pulpits.
1. God said stay! - This is not for the visitors, but this is for those that have seen a moral decline in the church you have been attending. You have seen the pastor embrace the world, carnality, television and movie stars. You have begun to hear more about money than about Jesus. You hear more about the pastors wants and desires than the desires of Jesus! You see the youth partying and hip hopping during the service and it just does not agree with your spirit. Homosexuals are everywhere and no one cares anymore. You are being abused spiritually because you are not giving as much as you are told by the pastor or you are not with the new stuff that’s going on. So, what do you do? You attempt to exercise your GOD GIVEN DOMINION AND RIGHT TO LEAVE. But when you meet with the pastor, he tells you that God said you can’t???? He says that God has told him something that he won’t tell you? In other words, you can’t leave because something bad is going to happen.
Well, this is witchcraft manipulation in the highest degree. When you are afraid to leave, then you know it’s not God. He has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and………..a sound mind. If the place you are worshiping is not spiritually sound, then that’s the part that is not God and the fear to leave must be rebuked.
Listen people of God. We are in a bad state of the church right now. It’s like the dark ages all over again. People think church is for the sinner and it’s not. Church is the collective body of believers assembling together in a unified manner. Those that practice and condone sinfulness are excluded! Sure many are weak and need strength, but you can’t draw strength from weak leaders! And for this cause many are not going to church anymore and would rather stay home. But God is faithful and I pray that you will make 2010 the year that you step away from that carnal headship and make a move of faith! Step out and seek the face of God for clarity. He will lead you to a wonderful place where the Spirit of God resides and the carnality of men is not. But you must take the step of faith first. Once you move, God will move on your behalf.
2Cor. 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Jer. 12:10 Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.
2Tim. 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Matt. 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
Jer. 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
In His Name,
G. Craige Lewis