Source: EX Times
Pastor Lewis has been doing an in depth study on the Leaven of Herod. Join us as we get answers to how the enemy has influenced the church and the state of the world.
by: G. Craige Lewis
Mark 8:14 Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, neither had they in the ship with them more than one loaf. Mark 8:15 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod. Mark 8:16 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no bread. Mark 8:17 And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened? Mark 8:18 Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember? Mark 8:19 When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve. Mark 8:20 And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven. Mark 8:21 And he said unto them, How is it that ye do not understand?
Leaven – influence that modifies something or transforms it
Herod was influential in politics and religion. And from Jesus birth til death, he sought to kill Jesus and stop his ministry. Politics will always try to stop Christ’s teachings because Christ taught humility, but politics require self promotion and exaltation. Luke 13:31 The same day there cam e certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod wi” ki ” thee. And he said unto them, Go ye, and te” that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I sha ” be perfected. • A little leaven, e ffects the entire loaf and changes it’s appearance, texture, and consistency. This is what politics from the pulpit always does. It changes preachers, churches, and the members. Gal. 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
We have gone against the warnings of Jesus Christ himself because we have adopted the idea that our salvation must come from a political leader. But we have forgotten that our salvation was already granted to us by the true king of kings! Psa. 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not a” his benefits: Who forgiveth a” thine iniquities; who healeth a ” thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life #om destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
America the not so beautiful. • Though the disciples forgot to take bread with them, Jesus reminded them that He is their supply. When they lacked, they immediately took the spiritual sayings of Jesus naturally. They made a spiritual thing a carnal thing. This is where we as a people are now. Because of lack, we desire to mixing the carnal with the spiritual. • We are looking to a pagan government, with antichrist political leadership for things that can only come from God. Our salvation, sustenance and supply can only come from above. We are in the world, but not of the world. But we have been convinced over time that America is our “land” and salvation will come through the leader of it. 2Chr. 7:14 If my people, which are ca”ed by my name, sha” humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn #om their wicked ways; the n wi” I hear #om heaven, and wi” forgive their sin, and wi ” heal their land. • America is a wicked country and is not the israel of God. The people that believe upon the ENTIRE word of God and live for him are the true Jews whos Kingdom is not of this world. Jesus spoke directly to Pilate, the political leader, and told him that his Kingdom is not of this world so doesn’t need his influence. John 18:36 Jesus said in answer, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom was of this world, my disciples would have made a good fight to keep me out of the hands of the Jews: but my kingdom is not here.
Woe unto the mergers
• “Dominion Theology, “Kingdom Now Theology,” “Restoration Theology” all teach that we should be in and of this world by voting in a political party that will change the laws and rules to reflect our Christian beliefs. But this is the opposite of what Jesus taught. Rom. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, wi ” of God.
• The Kingdom of God is a countercultural movement that exists on earth but is not of earth. We are here to win souls, not lands. We are here to be living walking breathing examples of Jesus’ teachings, not mixers of politics and religion.
• God’s true prophets NEVER preach politics, but rather influence men to change their policies. But now, preachers are encouraging voting for this party or that party as if the right man in o ffice will change things to better suit the believer. NOT. Psa. 12:8 The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.
• Freemasons built this country upon antichrist policy and with a pagan god resolution in mind. This country is on it’s way to hell and there is no redemption for the land. The redemption is for the individuals that accept Jesus Christ as their savior and choses his way rather than their own.
• We should be looking for the Kingdom that will come from above rather than trying to Christianize a pagan system so that is can be our home. This world is not our home and we will never make it comfortable. Heb. 13:14 For this world is not our home; we are looking forward to our city in heaven, which is yet to come.
Summary – Paul stated that if our hope is in this life, we are most miserable. Our hope should be in Jesus Christ and him alone! He is our bread for today and hope for tomorrow. We are people of a different Kingdom whose rules the world cannot understand and whose establishment waits a returning king. It’s Herod’s leaven that political parties are made of and we as believers cannot be identified with them. Though they may seem conservative, there is always compromise mixed in somewhere and a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. When we vote for men that compromise, we compromise and belong to their movement. This doesn’t mean that we ignore politics, but our politics should adhere to Christ policies. We should do our best, be as good as we can as citizens of this land but never lose our identity as believers from another world. In secular politics the rules are 1. Get in Power, 2. Stay in Power, and 3. Increase your power. In a system made up of selfish ambition, the will of God can never be carried out. Pastors, preachers, ministers, etc. should avoid standing with political figures because of this. We should pray for them, but never get in bed with them. We should stand for what we believe, but never try to influence others to put their hope in ambitious men. But because the church has mirrored the world by electing mediators to speak to God for them, we see no harm in casting our hope in secular politicians. But now, that the carnal church leaders have been betrayed by Obama, maybe they will see that OUR true government rests on the shoulders of our true leader, Jesus Christ. Is. 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government sha ” be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Is. 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace ther e shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of th e LORD of hosts wi” perform this.